REGULATIONOpen Call for Residency
Application deadline: 27th February, 17H00 Azores
is an open call for artists of all ages, geographies and disciplines that assigns two (2) residences to the Walk&Talk Artist Residency Program during the 2020/2021 biennium.
The Open Call for Residency
aims to stimulate the investigation, creation and presentation of new artistic projects in the context of Walk&Talk. Applications for co-production or circulation of projects already completed or presented publicly are not accepted. Both winners are invited to start their residency in the Azores during the 2020 edition of the Festival and to develop a new work proposal that will be produced by Walk&Talk for presentation at the 2021 edition of the Festival.
2019Alice dos Reis
(Pt), Alex Farrar
(Pt), Rita Gt
Sarah Mohr (De)
Alberto Antoniazzi (It) Luís Plácido Costa (Pt)
1. CALENDARJanuary 8:
Open Call AnnouncementUntil February 21 - 17h00 Azores:
requests for clarification(Requests for clarification sent after this deadline will not be considered)Until February 27 - 23h59 Azores:
submission of applications(applications received after this deadline will not be accepted)March 16:
Winners Announcement on Walk&Talk social media(only winners will be contacted by email)2020/2021:
Artistic residency and research, curatorial support, production in the 2020 edition of Walk&Talk (9-19 July 2020) and presentation of the works in the 2021 edition (8-18 July 2021).
2. PRIZESa) Artistic Residence 2020/21:
up to ten (10) days with two (2) round trips for one (1) person to Ponta Delgada, São Miguel, Azores; accommodation and food; access to Festival program activities; welcome and follow-up by Walk&Talk artistic direction, communication and production teams and guest curators.b) Walk&Talk 2020/21 Artist List:
The winning artists will be included in the list of artists participating in the 2020 & 2021 editions of Walk&Talk.c) 2020/21 Residence Fee:
€ 500.00(fee to be managed by the artist during the residency period, which should include all costs related to research and development of the work).d) Production Fee 2021:
€ 2000,00 €(fee to be managed by the artist, where all costs inherent to the production and presentation of the work must be contemplated. The artists are free to invest their own funds or gather other support and grants for the production).e) Collective applications:
if the winning applications are from collective, it is up to the artistic direction of Walk&Talk and Anda&Fala Association to decide on extending the “a) Artistic Residency Award” to more elements than the person duly identified in the application as “representative of the collective”. The members of the collective are free to invest their own resources or other support to participate in the residence.
3. CANDIDATESApplications are accepted:
- From national or foreign applicants, over 18 years of age.
- Individual and collective, upon the mandatory appointment of a representative of the collective.
- In all areas of artistic expression.
- Only one (1) application per year will be accepted per candidate or collective.
4. APPLICATIONOpen Call for Residency
only accepts applications in digital format
which must include an Application Dossier and Other Attachments (see section 4.1.).
All application files must be sent as attachments and in a single email with the subject “Open Call for Residency Application / Candidate Name
” to firstname.lastname@example.org- For the purposes of application and evaluation, elements or information sent in the body of the email will not be considered;
- No links sent by Wetransfer, Drive or any other file sharing system will be accepted.
4.1. ELEMENTS OF THE APPLICATION DOSSIER a) Application Dossier
- File in PDF format, with a maximum of 10 pages. A4 and 15MB
Candidates are free to organize their Application Dossier and include other content that they consider relevant to their submission, provided that the Dossier contains the mandatory elements described below.
- Framing - Text with a maximum of 2000 characters with spaces
Brief description of the reasons why the artist has applied for Walk & Talk and the reasons why participation in the Festival is important for his research and artistic journey.
Selection of works or projects already developed in text, image or active PDF links to platforms that allow online viewing, such as the candidate's website, Youtube, Vimeo and others.
Candidate's Name OR Collective Name and Clear Identification of Representative
Biography (individual or collective) up to 750 characters with spaces, in Portuguese and English.
Emailb) Other Attachments
- Optional Upload, standalone files with a maximum of 5MB each
Two (2) images from previous work or projects
One (1) Word or PDF format document with credits for two (2) selected images
5. CLARIFICATION REQUESTS
- Requests for clarification should be sent to the email email@example.com
no later than February 21 at 5 pm (Azores time).
- Requests for clarification sent after this deadline will not be considered.
- The selection of the winning proposals will be made by a jury constituted for this purpose, which will be composed of three (3) members of the artistic direction of the Walk&Talk - Arts Festival and two (2) invited members, whose names will be announced in due time.
- The jury reserves the right not to award the Prizes described in this regulation if the applications do not fulfil the objectives of the Open Call for Residency
and the Walk&Talk - Arts Festival project.
- The Jury reserves the right to request additional information from the candidate, as well as telephone or online interview.
- The evaluation process will be through online voting and visualization of the Application Dossiers and other elements of the applications.
- Results will be announced on March 16th on Walk&Talk - Arts Festival social media and only the winners will be contacted by email.
7. final considerations
a) Applying for Open Call for Residency
implies full acceptance of this policy.
b) By participating, the winning artists authorize the dissemination of images and other content contained in their applications on all Walk&Talk communication materials and media, including online, as well as their partners' communication actions and sponsors, provided that they are properly integrated in the scope of the project disclosure and without prejudice to copyright ownership.
c) Candidates are free to make their own investments, raise sponsorship or others for the development and production of their work.
d) The confidentiality of all data provided by the applicant in their applications is guaranteed, and the information is used only for the defined purposes.
e) The organization is not responsible for errors in sending or reading the application files.
f) Failure to comply with the conditions of this regulation implies the exclusion of the application and its authors from the Open Call for Residency
and Walk&Talk - Arts Festival
g) The decision on the admission and selection of applications belongs to the organization and the Jury, from which there will be no appeal.
h) The situations omitted in this regulation will be promptly resolved by the direction of Anda&Fala - Cultural Association responsible for Walk&Talk - Arts Festival, expressly waiving any other entity, institution or judicial body.